>> Saturday, February 06, 2016
I likes me some Buffalo chicken wings. This recipe for Buffalo chicken meatballs as every bit as good, especially if you know someone that shies away from eating meat off the bone. I made these last year for Super Bowl Sunday and they were a huge hit. Ground chicken isn't the easiest meat to work with; it's a sticky mess when forming the meatballs. The final result is worth the mess if you ask me. Here's the recipe as I made them.
2.0 # Ground Chicken
4 Cloves Minced Garlic
1 C Italian Bread Crumbs
2 T Ranch Dip Mix
0.5 C Blue Cheese
4 T Butter
2 C Buffalo Wing Sauce (your favorite)
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Form blue cheese into marble-sized pieces.
- Combine chicken, garlic, eggs, bread crumbs, and dip mix. It will be sticky and messy.
- Use a scoop or your hands to measure out the meatballs.
- Press a blue cheese ball into the center and form the meatball around it.
- Bake meatballs on a non-stick cookie sheet for 16 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Transfer cooked meatballs to a slow cooker and add wing sauce and butter. Set to high for 20 minutes, then switch to warm.